As a way to remind myself of the good things that happen during my week, I decided to participated in the Love, Life, Lace: Weekly Gratitude movement. It’s important to remind myself that although I might have good/bad/ugly weeks, I have so many sources of hope, love, and inspiration in my life that bless me. I’m grateful for these things, but I don’t always take the time to reflect. Yes, they may be silly, but together they make me very thankful for my life.
- Thank you fat-free half and half for making my coffee so much tastier, especially because I drink 5 cups a day.
- Thank you Epic Burger for being the best burger joint in Chicago, and thank you sister for joining me in my Epic obsession.
- Thank you CTA bus driver who tried so desperately to get my fare card to work, and after four attempts, succeeded.
- Thank you husband for taking the dog out when it’s (literally) freezing outside and I don’t want to ‘layer up’.
- Thank you radiator for the warm towel post-shower.
- Thank you Mom for listening to me freak out about nonsense, and assuring me that it’s all going to be okay.
- Thank you Lennon for cuddling with me and keeping me company when husband is gone.
- Thank you 2011 for a fresh start, and for renewing hope for the future.
(…This feels a little Alanis Morissette ‘Thank You’…)